Leave Review on Google Leave Review on Facebook Check out what our clients say
(720) 594-2292

PCs for People

PCs for People
04.30.2019

Another Gone for Good partner sits down to talk repurposing, recycling, and hard drive crushers.

The relationship between Gone for Good and PCs for People is a budding but beneficial partnership that helps disadvantaged communities while decreasing overall contributions to landfills. “It’s a symbiotic relationship,” says account executive, Geoff Lucas, “working with Gone for Good is important to PCs for People because we’re both intent on mitigating the environmental impact here in our community.” 

Image

PCs for People works to put tools like laptops, printers and other electronics in the hands of less fortunate families. By doing so, PCs keeps plastic, metal and glass out of landfills. “We do quite a few pick-ups every week and only about 30% of what we pick up can be repurposed and reused as is,” Lucas tells us. As for the other 70%, there’s a whole area for the team at PCs to deconstruct electronics and sort their materials for recycling. This area is called the deconstruction zone

Image

Next, Lucas took us inside the cage. This area of the facility is highly secure and only visitors with a special badge are allowed inside. The cage has a feature called the hard drive crusher. The hard drive crusher destroys sensitive data by doing just what it sounds like, literally crushing the hard drive in half! The materials are then responsibly recycled by the facility.

For more information on PCs for People tune in to our YouTube channel, Gone for Good, to see the interview with Geoff Lucas and a tour of the facility. If you have any donations in mind for PCs please visit their website at www.pcsforpeople.org.     

Share this post

5 Steps to Cleaning and Staging Your Home for Buyers 5 Steps to Cleaning and Staging Your Home for Buyers
31.10.2021

Before you list your home for sale and start advertising the property, it’s important to ensure that your buyers will see your home at its best. If your home is looking cluttered, it’s time to clear out anything you no longer use and stage each room to attract better offers from buyers. With the help of Gone for Good and the following tips, you will be ready to stage and sell your home in no time. [ view more ]

Welcome to Denver, Welcome Home Welcome to Denver, Welcome Home
18.10.2021

If you’re getting ready to make your move to the Mile High city, you’ll be in great company. [ view more ]

Downsizing In the Late Stages of the Pandemic: How Seniors Can Move Safely Downsizing In the Late Stages of the Pandemic: How Seniors Can Move Safely
6.10.2021

Some moves are carefully planned and executed, from the moment you list your home to the day you move in. Others, on the other hand, happen suddenly. Whether a recent stumble has left you feeling unsafe at home or an elderly parent needs assisted living, you may find yourself facing an unexpected downsize. [ view more ]


(720) 594-2292